In the metal cutting and grinding process, cutting fluid is an industrial liquid used to cool and lubricate tools and processed parts. The reasonable use of cutting fluid in cutting can not only reduce the friction between the tool and the chip, the tool and the processing surface, but also It can reduce the cutting force and cutting temperature, reduce tool wear, and improve the quality of the machined surface. But what do you know about the classification of cutting fluid? What is the choice of cutting fluid?
What are the classifications of cutting fluids?
There are two classification standards for cutting fluids, one is based on the composition and corresponding performance of the cutting fluid, and the other is directly divided into “oil-based cutting fluid” and “water-based cutting fluid”. Here we just come to understand the common classification according to the composition of cutting fluid.
1. Aqueous solution
The main components of the aqueous solution are: water, anti-rust additives, and lubricating additives. This aqueous solution has a better cooling effect and is commonly used in ordinary grinding and some finishing.
Emulsions can be divided into different additives according to different additives: ordinary emulsions (in addition to good cleaning and cooling performance, but also anti-rust and lubricating properties), anti-rust emulsions (more anti-rust performance), extreme pressure emulsions ( The adsorption film is formed under high temperature and high pressure, which plays a very good lubricating effect).
3. Cutting oil
Cutting oil is divided into 3 types according to the oil type: mineral oil (general lubrication), dynamic/plant oil and compound oil (boundary lubrication), extreme pressure cutting oil (with good lubrication performance and extreme pressure lubrication performance).
What is the choice of cutting fluid?
There are really a lot of content in the selection principle of cutting fluid, here we will talk about a few, if you want to know more, you can continue to pay attention to us.
When roughing, we should pay attention to the choice of cutting fluid, because the roughing cutting amount and cutting allowance are large, it will generate a lot of cutting heat, and it is easy to cause rapid tool wear. In this case, we generally choose good cooling. , And has certain cleaning, lubricating and anti-rust performance cutting fluid.
When cutting difficult-to-machine materials such as high-strength steel and high-temperature alloys, cutting fluids containing extreme pressure additives should be used because the cutting process is in a state of extreme pressure lubrication friction.
How to solve the bubble generated by cutting fluid?
When using cutting fluid, we sometimes find that a large amount of foam is generated on the surface of the cutting fluid, which affects the quality and accuracy of the machining, causes the failure of the cooling lubricant, and causes a waste of the oil tank volume. What’s more, the coolant can cause damage to the processing machine tool, cutting tool and workpiece, and affect the quality and accuracy of processing.
Why does cutting fluid produce bubbles?
In order to ensure the accuracy and quality of the machining, I believe that many technicians will look for the cause of the foam in the cutting fluid and strive to solve this problem. Next, let’s take a look at why the cutting fluid produces bubbles and solutions.
1. The water quality is relatively soft, softened water and alkali-containing water will increase the foam of the emulsion;
2. The fluid circulation pump is not tightly sealed and will increase the foam of the liquid;
3. The flow rate of the cutting fluid is too fast, the bubbles have no time to overflow, and the more they accumulate, resulting in a large amount of bubbles;
4. The volume of the cutting fluid tank is too small, resulting in insufficient standing time of the cutting fluid;
5. The system design is unreasonable, especially the layout of the return pipe and the liquid tank is unreasonable;
6. There are too many right angles in the sink design, or the nozzle angle of the cutting fluid is too straight;
7. Occasional foam problems are often caused by external influences, such as the contamination of the cutting fluid by the cleaning agent and the infiltration of impurities.
Two, the solution
First, in the centralized cooling system, the pipelines are connected in series in stages, and the pressure of the pipelines near the cooling box should be lower.
Secondly, when ensuring that the liquid level of the cutting fluid is not too low, check the height of the liquid level in time and add the cutting fluid in time; in addition, control the flow rate of the cutting fluid not to be too fast. When designing the water tank, the right angle of the water tank should not be too much.
Finally, when using cutting fluid, pay attention to the cutting fluid nozzle angle not to be too straight.
Three, the hazards of foam
1. Foaming of metal working fluid will affect its lubrication and cooling effect.
2. Foaming will affect the normal operation of the machine. The foam fills the liquid tank and overflows, which will further cause the oil level to drop, damage the machine parts, and affect the smooth operation.
3. Foaming of metal working fluid greatly increases gas-liquid contact, promotes oxidation, produces oil slick phenomenon, causes uneven mixing of ingredients, and leads to product deterioration and deterioration.
4. The foaming of metal working fluid will affect the transmission power and signal of the product.
5. Foaming will affect product performance, resulting in instability of anti-rust performance, cleaning performance, and extreme pressure performance.
Link to this article：The cutting fluid produces bubbles, how can we solve it?
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:https://www.cncmachiningptj.com/，thanks！