“Capacitive sensing touch buttons can penetrate more than 8mm of insulating material casing (glass, plastic, etc.), and accurately detect the effective touch of the finger. And to ensure that the sensitivity, stability, reliability of the product will not change due to changes in environmental conditions or long-term use, and has waterproof and strong anti-interference ability, super protection, super adaptable temperature range.
Capacitive sensing touch buttons can penetrate more than 8mm of insulating material casing (glass, plastic, etc.), and accurately detect the effective touch of the finger. And to ensure that the sensitivity, stability, reliability of the product will not change due to changes in environmental conditions or long-term use, and has waterproof and strong anti-interference ability, super protection, super adaptable temperature range.
Capacitive touch chips used in capacitive touch buttons are usually widely used in remote controls, lamp dimming, various switches, and control interfaces for vehicles, small appliances, and household appliances. The capacitive touch chip integrates a high-resolution touch detection module and a dedicated signal processing circuit to ensure that the capacitive touch chip has sensitive automatic identification and tracking functions to environmental changes. Capacitive touch chips must also meet the user’s high experience requirements for stability, sensitivity, power consumption, response speed, waterproof, water-operated, anti-vibration, and anti-electromagnetic interference in complex applications. No external components are required in typical applications, and no software, program or parameter programming is required. The development process of capacitive touch chip application is very simple, which minimizes the cost of the solution. In order to facilitate the user to independently control the sensitivity of the touch keys in the application, the capacitive touch chip also sets a sensitivity control bit.
The difference between ordinary touch buttons and capacitive touch buttons:
1. The capacitive touch button does not require the human body to directly contact the metal, which can completely eliminate the hidden dangers of safety. It can be used even with gloves, and it is not affected by the change of human body resistance in dry and humid weather, so it is more convenient to use.
2. Capacitive touch buttons do not have any mechanical parts, will not wear out, have infinite life, and reduce maintenance costs in the later period.
3. The capacitive touch key sensing part can be placed behind any insulating layer (usually glass or plastic material), and it is easy to make a keyboard sealed with the surrounding environment.
4. The capacitive touch button panel pattern, button size and shape can be arbitrarily designed, and the characters, trademarks, LED light transmission of the see-through window, etc. can be arbitrarily matched. The appearance is beautiful, fashionable, non-fading, non-deforming, and durable. It fundamentally solves the effects that various metal panels and various mechanical panels cannot achieve. Its reliability and aesthetic design randomness.
1. Capacitive touch switches have excellent immunity to various environmental conditions, including tolerance to electromagnetic interference. Features a range of high value-added features, including custom backlighting, discrete buttons, linear sliders, and wheels.
2. Capacitive touch switches can be used in good combination with gloves and stylus, provide stainless steel, aluminum and other metal or non-metallic materials cover, and can provide embossed keys or Braille design.
3. Capacitive touch switch When conductive objects such as fingers enter the electric field, the capacitive switch can be identified. Glass, metal, and enamel-coated substrates, and overlays of tempered glass, polycarbonate, polyester, or acrylic materials allow for streamlined capacitive switch designs and ease of cleaning. Capacitive switches can transition to one-button control with greater economy and efficiency.
4. Capacitive touch switch is a transparent conductive polymer coating that combines electrical conductivity, light transmittance, and unlimited finger control times in highly demanding switch applications.
Here the editor recommends the capacitive touch chip GT308L from Korea GreenChip, which is the agent of Gongcai.com. GT308L is one of the sensor series of Green Touch 3TM capacitive touch products. Especially the GT308L can do capacitive sensing with 8 channels running under the Green Touch 3TM engine. Thanks to this epoch-making GreenTouch3TM engine, applications will be more robust and problem-free with EMC, EMI, H/W variation, voltage disturbance, temperature drift, humidity drift, etc. In particular, it does not create any problems in CS and EFT noise environments that occur in any touch application.
Capacitive Touch Chip – GT308L provides 8 LED drivers and 16-step dimming controller. OUT1~8 pins can be used for PWM output for LED dimming control. This is a very economical solution when LED feedback is required because there is no additional material cost for LED control. For touch output results, it can be used through I2C or 1:1 direct output interface implementation. The I2C interface may be useful for MCU IO or insufficient connector resources in the application.
GT308L can be applied to a wide supply voltage range of 2.5 v to 5.5 v. It has CTRL pins to select sensitivity options and I2C bus slave address by making the pins connected to VDD, GND and open.
The emergence of touch chip technology has brought about a huge change in the way of keys, the key operation has become more flexible and comfortable, and the key panel has become more fashionable and beautiful. Touch keys are being used by more and more products with their unique advantages.
With the continuous development of touch technology, the reliability and practicability of touch chips will be further improved, making the use of touch chips more extensive. At present, the integration of touch chips has become higher and higher, and the touch chips can be used as both the main MCU and the touch buttons, which makes the touch chips more cost-effective and lower in cost. It can be seen that the application of touch chips will become more widespread.